Every child is unique and special – We honour his voices and respect his creative expressions.
We recognize that every child is a unique explorer, with different strengths, talents and interests. The programs enable the child to learn in a fun intelligent and creative manner by exploring and gaining exposure to a wide variety and diversity of disciplines through fun, engaging, experiential and interactive pedagogies.
The programs are crafted to enrich the child’s total learning experience by employing the visual arts to increase the child’s intellectual, social and emotional capacities.
PROFILE OF ARTISTS
Nancy is an experienced educator who has established and honed her skills in the field of art education with almost 20 years worth of experience in both professional and children’s art learning.
Nancy has taken her skills overseas, set up art learning centers in various part of Asia like Taiwan, China and Indonesia. She held various teaching positions and workshops with numerous influential art organisations and government bodies, namely Taiwan Soho Art Center and Children Museum, MOMA Art Center Taiwan, Council for Cultural Affairs Taiwan, Singapore Art Museum, Singapore MOE schools, Wow Active Learning Studio Shanghai and Indonesia IGTKI Preschool Association.
Prior to this, she was trained in Singapore and Taiwan for a period of 10 years, completing her course in Water colour painting, Still life drawing, Acrylic Painting, Oil Painting, Clay-making, Paper Sculpturing, Printmaking, Mixed Media Creation and obtained scores of certification including “Fang Chao Ting” Paper Clay Trainer Certification and Padico Trainer Certification from Japan.
Nancy spends extensive time in the study of childhood, disability, early childhood development, social & emotional learning and psychology in order to better understand the children and thus design curriculum that best suit the children’s development needs. In 2009, she prototyped the PAL (Programs for Active Learning) with MOE, piloting the program in the Singapore primary schools.
With the many years of experiences in vaious art learning centers in China, Taiwan, Indonesia and Singapore, she led the pedagogy and training team in the development of the curriculum and equipped instructors with the art skills and children pedagogy skills to better serve the customers and consumers.
Our strong pool of experience teachers / facilitators are
- • Graduates from local Art Academy or overseas Art Institutions
- • Accredited by NAC (National Arts Council)
- • Trained in SEL (Social Emotional Learning) (MOE)
- • ACTA certified (WSQ framework)
- • Certified Specialist in Art Education (Awarded by NIE)
- • Certified Facilitator in working with children with special needs (SSTI)
- Build a secure, respectful and reciprocal relationship
- Have respect for diversity
- Recognize that exploration through purposeful play is essential to help optimize
- children’s development and learning
- Reinforce learning through spiral learning
- Child develops artistic self-expression and appreciation leading him / her to a successful holistic and academic achievement
- Child equips with success skills, like critical and creative thinking, communication and collaboration skills in a globalised world
- Child develops to be resourceful and open-minded
- Child exposes to socio-cultural integration and interaction
- Holistic approach (Aesthetic and creative expression)
- Cater to the child’s different learning style (Integrated Learning Approach)
- Learning through purposeful play (Exploration and Experiment)
- Intentional teaching (Authentic learning through quality interaction)
- Safe and inducsive learning environment (Physical space, tools and software)
Emphasize on the child’s artistic learning process through exploration and imaginative expression. The child will be exposed to the exploration of a variety of mediums and materials, like clay, paint and mixed media construction.
– Nurture curiosity through exploration
– Engage various sensory experiences
– Develops fine motor skills
– Develops creative expressions
Designed to open the child’s artistic eyes and cognitive process. The child is taught to observe, analyze and experience the world around them. The child will then transfer the observation into a masterpiece in different mediums through the exploration of various tools, so as to build up visual experiences, and learn to express themselves freely and creatively
– Develops the skills and techniques in using basic visual art tools and materials.
– Relates art to everyday themes
– Develops two-dimensional and spatial visualization
– Competence in the use of various materials and techniques
– Understanding and use of visual elements combining art concepts
– Ability to see things in a critical and aesthetic light
The child will be nurtured in his creative confidence through the independent formation of his unique artworks. This course is specifically designed to start your child’s creative journey of self-discovery and self-knowledge. The programs will cover a wide scope of themes including Nature & Geography, Culture & Living, Art History & Movements and Design.
Develops interest in verbalizing artistic expressions Learns to exercise self- awareness through reflective activities
Experiment and invent using familiar materials and mixed media
Develops observation skills, language, social skills and confiden
-Art Totz Age 2.5 – 4yrs
-Art Kidz Age 5ys and above
– Relax and Expression Art Jamming
– Parent-Child Bonding
– Family Bonding
– Couple Art Jamming
Specialise Workshop – Adult, Teen and Youth (10 years and above)
Art Spa – Relax your mind and soul in a therapeutic artistic breakaway from the hectic pace of life. Enjoy and release your creative juices in the stress free and guided environment that will rejuvenate and energize you.
The program is designed for participants with little or no experience. It aims to provide you with the opportunity and platform to express your inner thoughts.
Discover the wonderful techniques like Chiaroscuro, Stippling, Dry brush strokes Spattering and many others that will bring a new dimension to your work. The professional artist trainers will provide you with personal guidance.
Short term courses are also available for adults who are keen to explore the world of art, learners will be expose to work with various dry and wet mediums such as soft pastels, charcoal, watercolours, acrylics and oil paints. Learners are encouraged to imagine and freely express themselves by experimenting with different mediums, so as to create masterpieces of their own.
Wed, Thu, Fri & Sun 0930 – 1200, 1330 – 1600
Sat – 1330 – 1600
1. Unlimited usage of acrylic paints
2. 40cm x 50cm canvas
3. Painting skills and techniques guidance
4. Apron and painting tools will be provided
Check our facebook for the latest promotions
Team building through art making workshops for corporate company, social community or parent-child bonding workshop The workshop is designed to include art based interactive activities that will be beneficial in strengthening the structures of confidence in working as a team within the organization. The team members will unlock their creative thought processes and solve problems through communication and collaboration.
The curriculum is built on the foundation of the following elements and principles, allowing the learners to explore the various art forms using a variety of mediums.
BENEFITS OF ART LEARNING
It’s been proven that early exposure to visual art promotes activity in the brain.
- Art helps children understand other subjects much more clearly—from math and science, to language arts and geography.
- Art nurtures inventiveness as it engages children in a process that aids in the development of self-esteem, self-discipline, cooperation, and self-motivation.
- Art activity helps children to gain the tools necessary for understanding human experience, adapting to and respecting others’ ways of working and thinking, developing creative problem-solving skills, and communicating thoughts and ideas in a variety of ways.